Balade à Les Rivières Henruel
Pourquoi y aller ?
The village can be explored starting from the age-old chestnut tree well set with its stone in the centre. The washerwomen's tour passes the washhouse built in 1860 which gets its water from the Chéronne. The circuit follows the wooded path leading to the fish lake and encourages walkers to admire the Eglise des Rivières, with a 12th century chancel in chalk and the belltower curiously topped with a bulb-shaped dome. It then reaches the second washhouse, called Henruel fed by Saint Mary's spring, named after the nearby chapel. Don't miss the view overlooking the old, well maintained mill on the banks of the river. Another circuit appreciated by hikers stretches across the plain and passes through the old dairy and the field known as "la vache" (the cow), hence its name: the milk tour.