Why go there?
The Church of Saint-Jacques is the oldest medieval parish church to have survived the French Revolution. Built in around 1190 to serve the craftsmen’s district of La Couture, its transept, the oldest part, recalls that of Saint-Remi. The nave dates from the 13th century and the choir was rebuilt in the 16th, combining the Flamboyant and Renaissance styles (side chapel). Worth noting are the stained-glass windows by Joseph Sima, Helena Vieira da Silva and Benoît Marq.