Hôtel de Ville de Vitry-le-François
Why go there?
A former convent built between 1624 and 1635, it became a town hall following the French Revolution and the confiscation of the Clergy’s property. Several stages of work were necessary to make the building usable by a municipality.
Only the main entrance seems to have retained the original style and decoration. Largely destroyed during the Second World War, the structure was rebuilt while keeping the post-French Revolution architectural aspects.