Jardin de l'Abbaye de Trois Fontaines
Why go there?
« L’Abbaye de Trois Fontaines » (the Three Fountains Abbey) was founded in 1118 by Saint-Bernard de Clairvaux. From the 12th century, there remain the ruins of the abbey church. As Cistercian architecture became more ornate in the 18th century, the Abbey was rebuilt in 1741. A romantic walk is guaranteed for those who pass through the large balustrade gate, the main courtyard, the gallery with its 10 arcades and who wander in the grounds planted with rare
species of trees standing over the fountains and statues. Another curious feature inside the 18th century building is the Bicycle Museum
which has some amazing exhibits. A self-guided tour.