Journée Veuve Clicquot, Vigneron & Déjeuner depuis Reims ( En Anglais )
Why go there?
Discover Reims, visit the emblematic Veuve Clicquot Champagne House. Head to Epernay in the heart of the vineyards to admire the Avenue de Champagne and Hautvillers. Be welcomed in a typical Champagne House (Le Clos Corbier) and enjoy a lively Champagne masterclass. In the afternoon, immerse yourself in the authenticity of a family winemaker.
Meet your expert guide at 9.00 am in front of the tourist office of Reims centre station and start the day with the discovery of Reims city centre.
Pass by "Notre Dame de Reims", one of the first monuments to be listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Soak up the historic atmosphere of the city, the birthplace of the coronation of more than 33 kings of France. Admire the "Grandes Maisons de Champagne" such as Taittinger and Pommery.
Later, enjoy a full tour of the underground cellars of the prestigious Veuve Clicquot Champagne House as a first introduction to the Champagne-making process and explore the 25-metre deep, 2,000-year-old cellars. End the tour by enjoying a fine glass of the famous "Label Jaune" Champagne.
Enjoy a moment in the vineyards, with a breathtaking view of the Champagne vineyards listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and learn about the particularities of our "terroir". You will then discover the village of Hautvillers, the cradle of Champagne. Enter the church where the famous monk Dom Pérignon is buried.
Cross the famous Avenue du Champagne in Epernay, capital of Champagne, where some of the most prestigious estates are located: Pol Roger, Perrier Jouët, Moët&Chandon, Boizel...
Be welcomed in Mareuil-sur-Ay in a typical Champagne House (Le Clos Corbier). After a Champagne quiz, train your nose to identify the different aromas and flavours that can be found in Champagne through an olfactory workshop. Be competitive by blindly identifying 3 different champagnes from the cellars while eating local snacks.
Immerse yourself in the French art of living with a traditional lunch of homemade regional specialities accompanied by a variety of champagnes.
Spend the afternoon with a champagne producer, go behind the scenes, visit the press, the vat room, the cellar and appreciate the tools and know-how of a small champagne maker. Enjoy several tastings of their own production and acquire taste knowledge with these rare Champagnes!
After a day rich in experiences and precious memories, your guide will drop you off in front of the tourist office of the Reims centre train station at 18:00.
Included in the offer:
- Personal guide Small group tour - Maximum 8 persons
- Transport in a comfortable air-conditioned minivan
- Crossing of the Avenue de Champagne in Epernay
- Stop in the vineyard classified Grand Cru and Premier Cru
- Visit of the Dom Pérignon church
- Visit of the Veuve Clicquot House
- Visit and tasting at 1 independent winemaker
- Champagne tasting workshop
- 9 tastings
- Pick up and drop off in Reims
Not included in the offer:
- Pick-up and drop-off at the hotel
- Personal expenses
Other important information:
- The tour takes place from 2 to 8 participants
- Please note that the average temperature in the cellar is 10°C, so don't forget to bring a jacket.
- If you are coming from Paris for the day, book your train in advance to ensure availability and a low price. The best trains to take are
- The morning train leaving Paris Gare de l'Est at 7.55am and arriving at 8.34am in Champagne Ardenne. Then take another train from Champagne Ardenne at 8.44am to arrive at 8.56am at Reims Centre (boarding point).
- Evening train from Paris Gare de l'Est at 19:15 from Reims Centre (drop-off point) arriving at 20:01 in Paris Gare de l'Est
The exact dates of availability of the activity are indicated in the booking calendar.
- Eurocard - Mastercard