The birth of a shared wine tourism brand
La Champagne, refined art de vivre
"La Champagne" label comes from the name of a wine with an unmatched reputation. Enjoying a privileged location inside the Grand Est region, its exceptional universal value has been recognised following the listing of Coteaux, Maisons et Caves de Champagne (Champagne Hillsides, Houses and Cellars) as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Under the stewardship of the Agence Régionale du Tourisme Grand-Est (Regional Tourism Agency), in partnership with the Comité Champagne (Champagne Committee), and those involved in tourism: The Tourism Development Agency, the Departmental Tourism Committee, and the Tourism Offices... a shared wine tourism brand was born “La Champagne, refined art de vivre”.
TO USE A SHARED WINE TOURISM BRAND IS TO JOIN TOGETHER AROUND COMMON VALUES
THAT CONVEY THE PERSONALITY AND THE CHARACTER OF WHAT’S AVAILABLE.
MAKING A SUCCESS OF CHAMPAGNE WITH CHAMPAGNE
“THERE IS NO CHAMPAGNE BUT CHAMPAGNE”
The exceptional image that Champagne enjoys all over the world contributes to its tourist numbers. Champagne, occupying a powerful place in the imagination associated with celebration, prestige, and glamour... elements that also play a part in the symbolism of France and of Paris.
The story told is that of the country where champagne was “born”. It is both a subject for wine tourism but also, in a broader sense, a call to explore the territory, its landscapes, its heritage, its values and its know-how, its tangible and intangible aspects.
If champagne is exported all over the world, the whole world should come to the Champagne region to share the values embodied by the produce!
The positioning of the shared wine tourism brand "La Champagne, refined art de vivre" is REFINEMENT
- It represents what Champagne is, what it strives for, and what it can offer.
- It is quite singular and not pre-empted.
- It is a very strong manifestation of the French ideal among foreign customers that corresponds to the experience they expect from a stay in France.
- A link to the French art of living and French style
- An original way of dealing with quality and excellence
- A direct link with the world of champagne
THIS REFINEMENT IS DEEPLY ANCHORED IN THE TERRITORY’S CULTURE
THE BRAND’S VALUES
- Hospitality: love welcoming guests.
- The taste for excellence: aim for zero defects, continuously assess customer satisfaction.
- Have a feel for the essential: be rather than simply appearing to be, no overkill and no irrelevancies, simplicity and sobriety.L’ouverture : le goût des rencontres, de l’échange, de l’autre avec ses valeurs et sa culture.
- Openness: a taste for meeting people, for sharing others’ values and culture.
- Sharing passion and knowledge, telling the story of the territory and its history, working with young people to teach them the know-how.
- Discipline: professionalism and the sense of a job well done, precision.
- The “luxury” of authenticity: refinement written into the identity of the businesses and the territory.
Referent "Champagne, refined art de vivre" within the Marne Tourist Development Agency.