Matinée Taittinger & producteur depuis Reims
Why go there?
Discover Reims, the city of the Sacres and its famous cathedral. Visit the magnificent Crayères de la Maison de Champagne Taittinger. Explore the cellars of an independent producer, for an authentic experience.
Meet your local guide at 9am in front of the Tourist Office at Reims Centre Station.
Drive past the "Notre Dame de Reims" cathedral, one of the first monuments registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Breathe in the historic atmosphere of the city, the coronation place of the Kings of France.
Continue your Champagne tour by exploring the prestigious Taittinger Champagne House and enjoying a delicious glass of Champagne. (Please note that the tour is in English only)
Wander through the vineyards of the northern part of the elegant Montagne de Reims as your guide reveals the region's peculiarities and secrets: why are our vines planted on steep slopes? Why is our subsoil made from such pure chalk?
Enter the basement of a family cellar. Visit the traditional press and vat room, where your host will enlighten you on the traditional "méthode champenoise", enjoy several tastings of their personal production and gain more knowledge and expertise on the best sparkling wine!
Return at 1pm in front of the Tourist Office of Reims Centre Station.
TRAIN INFORMATION :
If you are coming from Paris by train, book as soon as possible to get the best rates (trains can sometimes be full), you have to book the train that leaves Paris Est at 7.38am and arrives at Champagne-Ardenne TGV at 8.18am, then take a connection to REIMS CENTRE which leaves at 8.30am and arrives at 8.41am.
We will meet you outside REIMS CENTRE station, in front of the tourist office.
If you arrive by train, when you get off the train, go to the REIMS CENTRE exit. Be there 5 minutes before the tour starts.
Enjoy your day!
Included in the offer:
- Personal guide
- Small group tour - Maximum 8 persons
- Transport by comfortable air-conditioned minibus
- Discovery of the city centre of Reims
- Stop in the vineyard classified as World Heritage by UNESCO
- Visit and tasting at Taittinger
- Visit and tasting at an independent winemaker
- 4 tastings
- Pick up and drop off in Reims
Not included in the offer:
- Pick-up and drop-off at the hotel
- Personal expenses
- Other drinks
Other important information:
- Date change possible (subject to availability).
- A minimum of 2 participants is required for a visit. If only one person is registered for a tour, A la Française - Champagne will contact the client (by phone or e-mail) to reschedule the tour or refund the total amount.
- Please note that the average temperature in the cellar is 10°C, so please remember to bring a jacket.
The exact dates of availability of the activity are given in the booking calendar.
- Eurocard - Mastercard