Reims, the coronation town
Famous for its majestic cathedral where about thirty Kings of France were crowned, Reims has maintained an impressive architectural and cultural heritage.
In some words
Reims is the largest town in Champagne
Famous for its majestic cathedral where about thirty Kings of France were crowned, Reims has maintained an impressive architectural and cultural heritage: art deco style buildings, Gallo-Roman remains, three UNESCO World Heritage sites with the Tau Palace, Saint-Rémi Basilica and the cathedral.
Some major Champagne Houses are also to be found in the coronation town: Vranken-Pommery, GH Mumm, de Cazanove, Taittinger, and many more welcome you for wonderful events in surprising and prestigious venues.
Furthermore, Reims is known as the leading gourmet destination in France with eight Michelin-star restaurants.
In addition to its cultural and gourmet attractiveness, the town distinguishes itself by its easy access and MICE reception facilities. The TGV station, congress centre, hotels and restaurants are located in the town centre and can be reached easily on foot.
Facilities, venues, access
Reims offers the largest number of all categories of hotels in the area with more than 2,000 rooms. Several 4-star hotels offer more than 100 rooms. Most of them are located in the town centre, near the railway station and Reims congress centre.
> The Congrès Center
Located in Reims town centre, the congress centre has two auditoriums with 350 and 700 seats, 12 committee rooms and a large 2,500m² nave – find out more
> The Exhibition Park
this large venue, covering a surface area of 60,000m², offersa large capacity for your events with its three large halls from 3,240m² to 4,320 m², its meeting room for 200 people and its restaurant.
- Champagne-Ardenne TGV station in Reims-Bezannes: direct line to Roissy Charles de Gaulle airport (30 mins), Marne-la-Vallée Disneyland Paris (30 mins) and Paris Gare de l’Est (45 mins). But also Lille (1:50 mins), Strasbourg (2 hours), Nantes (3:20 mins) and Bordeaux (4:50 mins). Access to Reims town centre via tramway or shuttle bus
- Reims Centre station: direct TGV line to Paris (45 mins)
- 145km from Paris via the A4 motorway (1:30 mins)
To visit in the town
- Notre Dame Cathedral and its “Regalia” show
- Tau Palace
- The Champagne Houses
- The Art Deco architecture
- Saint-Rémi Basilica and its museum
- Place Royale with its Gallo-Roman remains
Not to miss for incentive and team building activities
- Tour of Reims, treasure hunt version with Cap Orientation
- Thematic guided tour of the town
- Excursions in Reims and the surrounding vineyards with the Open Tour bus
- Visit to and evening at a famous Champagne House
- Meal at one of the town’s Michelin-star restaurants
- A cookery class with dishes to serve with Champagne
TOURIST OFFICE OF GRAND REIMS - 6 RUE ROCKFELLER - 51100 REIMS - +33 (0)3 26 77 45 00 - WWW.REIMS-TOURISME.COM
BUREAU D'ACCUEIL DE FISMES - 28 RUE RENÉ LETILLY - 51170 FISMES - +33 (0)3 26 48 81 28
PARC NATUREL RÉGIONAL DE LA MONTAGNE DE REIMS - MAISON DU PARC - 51480 POURCY - +33 (0)3 26 59 44 44 - WWW.PARC-MONTAGNEDEREIMS.FR
Visite guidée de la Cathédrale Notre Dame de Reims
Palais du Tau
A listed Unesco World Heritage site, the palace was the former residence of the bishops and then the palace of the archbishops of Reims...
Rallye énigme : curiocity
Curiocity is a unique treasure hunt and a great way to explore Reims, famous for its rich cultural heritage with attractions steeped in...
A listed Unesco World Heritage site, this museum of history and archaeology from prehistoric times to the Renaissance comprises a 12th...
An architectural symbol and the jewel of a combination of Art Nouveau and Art Deco styles, today it has become a major project of Paul-...